CCYHA GIRLS HOCKEY COORDINATOR
Roles and Responsibilities
● Lead the development and implementation of a unified girls hockey program within CCYHA to provide the foundation to develop the appropriate skills and attitudes among youth hockey players and coaches in preparation for them to be competitive at all levels of play.
● Attend all CCYHA board meetings and provide regular updates on the girl’s hockey program.
● Generate short-term and long-term goals and objectives for the girl’s hockey program, working closely with the CCYHA board, CCYHA Director of Hockey Operations (DOH), Central Ohio Girls Association (COGH), Blue Jackets Hockey League (BJHL), and Ohio AAA Blue Jackets.
● Provide input and guidance with the CCYHA treasurers to develop and implement annual revenue and expense budgets.
● Oversee creation and implementation of player and coach recruitment, with the assistance of the CCYHA DOH.
● Review and finalize girl’s hockey coaches and assignments with the help of CCYHA’s coaching subcommittee and CCYHA DOH.
● Facilitate and participate in girls’ hockey tryouts and team selection.
● Assist in identifying leadership positions within each girls’ team and communicate expectations.
● Ensure coaches and volunteers meet applicable background checks and CEP requirements with the assistance of CCYHA Registrar.
● Facilitate and participate in player development.
● Ensure program is promoting age-appropriate skill development.
● Partner with COGH and AAA Blue Jackets when applicable
● Serve as liaison between the girls coaching staff and CCYHA DOH.
● Seek out new, innovative methods to continually improve the defined areas of people, skills, and processes to improve the girls program.
● Work with the Girls Program Communications contact on the planning and organization of the communication and marketing of the girl’s hockey program
This is a year-round volunteer position. It is anticipated the workload will be heaviest from September-February, with the addition of tryout week. Throughout the course of the season, it is expected this role will require 10 hours per week on average.
Candidates who wish to be considered for the position are asked to provide their cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com by end of business on Friday, March 10th.